Ginger...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
This is Ginger who was sent to me by a Mid-Atlantic rescue saying she was blind. She isn't blind but she is a great little turtle...Guess I've had her for 13-14 years. She lives in a 5'x3' tort table with an ornata. I think she's between 20 and 30 years old...She is an easy keeper except for one thing...no matter what is in her enclosure she climbs it and ends up on her back...always. I use a paint roller pan for her water...But after she's had a drink and a soak I have to take it out or she climbs out over the side and ends up on her back.So...I have had several turtles die on their backs and I just don't want that to happen to her...that's how I lost Grumpyface....so no half logs in there and she is having a problem without a hide...so here she is under the roller pan...in the morning...100_1521.JPG

There is a built in hide in the tt but I guess it's not small enuf..
100_1408.JPG

So here she is under the steps to the water dish100_1401.JPG
So I had to make a hide that she can't climb, or try to climb...the ornate likes it...2 bricks and 3 pieces of wood...
100_1525.JPG
100_1524.JPG
I and they will be glad when they can go outside...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
This is Ginger who was sent to me by a Mid-Atlantic rescue saying she was blind. She isn't blind but she is a great little turtle...Guess I've had her for 13-14 years. She lives in a 5'x3' tort table with an ornata. I think she's between 20 and 30 years old...She is an easy keeper except for one thing...no matter what is in her enclosure she climbs it and ends up on her back...always. I use a paint roller pan for her water...But after she's had a drink and a soak I have to take it out or she climbs out over the side and ends up on her back.So...I have had several turtles die on their backs and I just don't want that to happen to her...that's how I lost Grumpyface....so no half logs in there and she is having a problem without a hide...so here she is under the roller pan...in the morning...View attachment 338392

There is a built in hide in the tt but I guess it's not small enuf..
View attachment 338393

So here she is under the steps to the water dishView attachment 338394
So I had to make a hide that she can't climb, or try to climb...the ornate likes it...2 bricks and 3 pieces of wood...
View attachment 338395
View attachment 338396
I and they will be glad when they can go outside...
You're earning a degree in physics at home.
Some torts and turtles DO seem extra clumsy. Makes you wonder if they would've survived in the wild as long.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'm going to "pay forward" the head boink I needed....

;A handful of leaves will make her forever grateful...."

Lol...sometime I can't see the forest b/c those confounded trees are in the way....so for me, they are helpful

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm going to "pay forward" the head boink I needed....

;A handful of leaves will make her forever grateful...."

Lol...sometime I can't see the forest b/c those confounded trees are in the way....so for me, they are helpful
Yeah, Ginger would benefit from having non toxic leaves in her enclosure too!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maggie's computer crashed and she doesn't have the $$ to get it fixed, so she's offline for a while.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yeah, Ginger would benefit from having non toxic leaves in her enclosure too!
No leafs here...they have gotten rotten and are all gone...I would give her up to a better home...I have several box turtles who need a better home...you pay shipping...100_5168.JPG

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No leafs here...they have gotten rotten and are all gone...I would give her up to a better home...I have several box turtles who need a better home...you pay shipping...View attachment 338557
Just calm down and step back, take a deep breath. It will all look better after a nap!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL...fun to wake up to read the banter.....someone got their 'putter up and running.

I'm sure that there are plenty of deserving members with space who would take you up on that Mags.

I am curious though, how come sis is seemingly constantly "complaining" that you abduct creatures when you visit yet you freely offer to rehome them elsewhere? Doesn't seem to be the actions of a klepto.....LOL

I enjoy you guys.....