Glamour shots !! Our little model

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn , NY
Benito giving us his bet blue steel and magnum. 7 months old and 82 grams..he's growing up so fast soon it'll be college

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188805.115678.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188843.036161.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188871.250273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188888.822935.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188972.802665.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365189025.532890.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188932.648466.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365188932.648466.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Does your enclosure not mold from the humidity? I treated the wood and in the end still had to line the entire inside with plastic.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
theelectraco said:
Does your enclosure not mold from the humidity? I treated the wood and in the end still had to line the entire inside with plastic.

Nope I've never had mold problems...I use Eco earth and cypress mulch....I do have rubber car mats on the bottom...I clean it out every 2months to make sure as well. The lowest my temps ever get are 80 on cool side. Where did you get mold? The bottom or along the sides?

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Along the sides towards the top, and sometimes on the underside of the frame around the wire. My temps don't drop below 80 either and the humidity never drops below 75. I've always had to line the bottom with plastic cus occasionally I would dump water into the cypress mulch when it dried out under the basking bulb but it started to leak occasionally. Can't wait to ditch that thing and build a huge closed chamber tortoise table at the end of the month

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
theelectraco said:
Along the sides towards the top, and sometimes on the underside of the frame around the wire. My temps don't drop below 80 either and the humidity never drops below 75. I've always had to line the bottom with plastic cus occasionally I would dump water into the cypress mulch when it dried out under the basking bulb but it started to leak occasionally. Can't wait to ditch that thing and build a huge closed chamber tortoise table at the end of the month

Yea I dump a cup of boiling water once a week...kills off bugs (springtails) as well as getting substrate damp...yea It's good as a starting enclosure but I'm also building a small outdoor enclosure for the summer. Gonna keep this indoor one for another few months. Good luck on building your enclosure! Post some pics when you do I'd love to share ideas.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
GeoGpp1012 said:
theelectraco said:

Yea I dump a cup of boiling water once a week...kills off bugs (springtails) as well as getting substrate damp...yea It's good as a starting enclosure but I'm also building a small outdoor enclosure for the summer. Gonna keep this indoor one for another few months. Good luck on building your enclosure! Post some pics when you do I'd love to share ideas.
Springtails are a beneficial bug they eat mold and any waste

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Montana
Aww such a little cutie!! :D My tort house was also beginning to mold in spots on the wall, so I ended up lining the entire thing as well.

GeoGpp1012

5 Year Member
Brooklyn , NY
ceg827 said:
What do you have growing in there plant wise?

I have organic clovers and an African grass seed mix growing in his enclosure and just replant when he tramples them all from tortoisesupply.com they are wonderful to do business with.

He's a very outgoing little guy loves running through ad all over them...just like a sulcata....perhaps cause he's a GPP.

Springtails are a beneficial bug they eat mold and any waste
[/quote]

Yes I know I just do the boiling water to kill off eggs and keep their numbers down cause I notice they "bug" him when they get to be to many

His enclosure and African grass I was talking about
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365195501.542367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365195592.100020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.