good brands for temp/humidity ?

leopard777

5 Year Member
any good brands/models to recommend for a reliable temp/humidity monitor ?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I've tried putting 3 different kinds right next to each other and they all vary. Usually stay within 5 degrees or 5% for humidity. So not sure which one is accurate.

— Gus

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've got a radio shack one from the early 90's. Two remote, wireless probes. They've been discontinued, but they've been the most reliable I've ever had.

leopard777

5 Year Member
I've tried putting 3 different kinds right next to each other and they all vary. Usually stay within 5 degrees or 5% for humidity. So not sure which one is accurate.

— Gus
which three brands ?

I've got a radio shack one from the early 90's. Two remote, wireless probes. They've been discontinued, but they've been the most reliable I've ever had.

wow 90's , lol i am speechless

diamc

I like the Chaney Acurite probe thermometer with humidity readout. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BO8CUE/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
71tjcQT8ArL._SL1500_.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I like the AcuRite brand. I use the digital hydrometer/thermometer with recorded 24 hour highs/lows. It's $9-10 depending on where you but it.

crissyshine

5 Year Member
Durham, NC
They have acurite brand at Home Depot for like $9. You'll have to ask some one that works there for humidity/temp gauges because they're usually in some obscure place.
I just bought one and it works well. Don't forget your AA batteries because it doesn't come with any :(

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I use the $9 AcuRite brand from Home Depot as well, but I've already been through two in a year. One of them was knocked over into the water dish and stopped working, granted it would...the other, I don't really know. The readings on it stopped showing up on the screen.