Good outcome for good folks

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
A friend of mine, the husband of a school office worker in the school Kerry teaches at texted me on Monday looking for an equipment price for his entire home AC/Heat system. Furnace, Coil, Condenser, Lineset, Disconnect...Stat, total package.

He sent me two quotes he already had, one for $7,700 equipment only, and one for $11,200 for equip and installation.

Readers Digest-- Yes, we got him a quote, he's making arrangements directly with my equip rep to buy the stuff and pick it all up.

Normally, I don't get involved in "friend requests".....but this one is different. Paul is a sheet-metal installer in his mid 50's or so. He's a heck of a nice guy but he's working with a lower ceiling than most I'm afraid. I like him because he is a good human being and we go over to their house often enough...and she is one heck of a cook so her home always smells great. He even showed up at my 60th BD party kerry surprised me with, 60 miles from his home!

There's a reason of course that I'm giving you this synopsis....

Here is the email that I sent to my equip rep of 20-some years this morning. I had faith that Leif my rep, would do the right thing. He did it all for perfect strangers and I'm kinda humbled by it.

Ya know, some things just make you feel good inside and when good things happen to good people, it feels good to me!

Leif,

I spoke with my friend Paul yesterday and he told me that he has talked with you and he's all set. I'm guessing he'll call again to set up logistics but I wanted to reach out to let you know who you helped.

Paul's wife works as a school admin in the same school where my Kerry teaches. They have been friends for 15 years. Neither Paul nor Nancy is very educated or earns a lot of money. They have raised a family living in a manufactured home on the Eastern shore. Over the past three years, he has been out of work more than he has worked and she developed cancer and had a double mastectomy earlier this year. Kerry and I never once heard them talk about any troubles they were facing, only how they could manage to help their kids in the face of calamity. They bear their pain on the inside, not on the out for the world to see.

Those are some good folks you helped Leif....thanks!

Jeff Kushner

Leif had given him a price of $4,300.

EricW

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
"Life"

I know, weird.....making it worse, I have a friend Leif who pronounced it "Leaf".......I still mess it up with my equip guy! LOL
You know two Leif's, not that common of a name. Surprised.

"Life" is the German pronunciation I believe. Forgot to list that one.

The reason I asked is we named our son Leif (Leaf). We debated to go with the English pronunciation or a Nordic pronunciation. We went with the English version as that is how I always knew it and figured more people would get it right.