GOPHERUS GUY

Gopherus Guy

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, California
Hello! Just signed-up. Looking forward to interacting with everyone and learning as much as I can. I have a California Desert Tortoise which I adopted from the Turtle & Tortoise Society here in San Diego, California. Clifford is 50+ years old and absolutely beautiful. So hello everyone, I'll probably have a few questions. Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

A very nice, personable species, and one of my favorites.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum !
Congratulations on getting this one. Do they offer feeding and care advice or is it more of an adopt and go ? We would love to see a picture of him :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome.Good to have you here.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!!
I'm in San Diego! I have a yearly CDT!
Please share pics!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I don't know how to share my pictures, I have a lot! Maybe you can tell me how.
Did you see the " UPLOAD A FILE" on the lower right hand corner? click on it, then select the picture you like to share in your computer or phone.

Gopherus Guy

San Diego, California
Welcome to the Tortoise Forum !
Congratulations on getting this one. Do they offer feeding and care advice or is it more of an adopt and go ? We would love to see a picture of him :)
Picture soon. They have an extensive "application" process which involves checking out the living quarters, or in my case a ton of pictures.
This guys a beauty though, 45+. He's been eating a lot of flowers, is that OK?. He's been real lazy today and yes I am nervous!

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
He is probably fine eating a lot of flowers as long as they are yours and not someone else's pride and joy. Ours loves yellow roses.

The biggest thing to worry about is if he can possibly find or dig an escape route. It happens...We met lots of neighbors when our Shellby was checking to see how dedicated we are going to be about maintaining his perimeter. He escaped about 5 times the first year. Now he stays...good tortoise / or fence.

Lazy is ok too. When he decides to be active you'll be surprised how fast he seems to disappear when you look away for 10 minutes. Ya get that knot in your gut of Oh gees where is he, then the sudden relief of - Oh of course he is right there - . Welcome to tortoise ownership.

What do you use for his water?