Got a new Red foot enclosure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
I managed to get my hands on a used Vision enclosure (72"x36"x18") in trade for some russian hatchlings. I set it up for my red foot and have found that, even though the exterior dimensions are not much different than his old enclosure, the interior dimensions are a lot nicer. His old enclosure was 72"x30"x18", but those were the exterior dimensions. Due to the construction technique I used, it ended up actually being about 68"x26", which is nothing compared to the new actual interior dimensions of 72"x35" in the vision. I was worried the glass doors would cause a problem, but so far no bumping. I have two heat lamps in the recessed heat lamp spot, a fluorescent that I mounted inside the enclosure, and a heat pad on the back of his rubbermaid hiding bin. I'm thinking I might order a nice radiant heat panel for it.

He still always looks like he could use more room, but this thing was a steal and it is lightweight and STRONG.

Now I have his other enclosure taking up space. If anyone in upstate new york wants to come pick it up, it's yours. It is the dimensions I quoted above, constructed of plywood and dimensional lumber, with a top that has a recessed area for heat lamps (as well as a built in light inside), plexiglass windows on the top-opening door, and lined with fiber-reinforced plastic (so it will hold moist substrate no problem). Let me know if there's any takers.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like a new enclosure with lots of possibilities! Hope you post some pictures once you have it all done. Also wanted to comment on the offer you made to the members for your old enclosure. That was very generous of you!

-ryan-

5 Year Member
I figure if someone wants the old enclosure (which is actually really in great shape, and less than a year old), I would like to see someone from the forum have it. Otherwise it is just going to be another large object that I'll have to move when I buy a house in the upcoming year. It worked great for him, and as I said it is very large, but I was lucky to find this vision enclosure that is just a bit larger.

Not sure how many members there are in the upstate new york area though that would want to drive over and get it.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
where in upstate new york? is it a table?

-ryan-

5 Year Member
Sent you a PM. Anyone else that is interested, contact me via a Private Message and I will arrange to get you some pictures of the enclosure in question. If I don't get any takers I will probably end up just having to move it when we move the animals and store it in the garage. I would much rather see someone use it with their animals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.