GOT DANDELIONS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
I usually pay the neighbors kids to "farm" them for me... Its cute....

Lunartwist

5 Year Member
Before I had a tortoise, I used to not really care about dandelion, or view them as pesty weeds.

Now every time I see a large group of them, I think, "lunch!!".

You know you're a tortoise lover then, lol.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Nice picture. Don't make the mistake I did of overfeeding the dandelions; the urates will turn pink!

Now, I keep the dandelions to a couple of times a week in conjunction with their other weeds and greens.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D People look at me strange when I am picking them, collecting seed heads, or making very positive comments about the yards with lots of happy yellow blooms. :D I have always loved this plant. First you have the happy yellow bloom, which then becomes the seed head that are so much fun to blow on. Also they make a great wine.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Jacqui said:
:D People look at me strange when I am picking them, collecting seed heads, or making very positive comments about the yards with lots of happy yellow blooms. :D I have always loved this plant. First you have the happy yellow bloom, which then becomes the seed head that are so much fun to blow on. Also they make a great wine.

"Weed (/wēd/): Noun. A wild plant growing where it is not wanted and in competition with cultivated plants."

If we want them there, then they are not weeds! LOL :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Jacqui said:

I get strange looks for the same antics on a daily basis. Our mailbox is next to all three of our neighbors and I got busted plucking dandelion leaves & flowers yesterday...strange looks until I explained myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.