Got New Turts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkid

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hey guys got 2 new turts . . .any ideas which ones r these???

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 80

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Starkid:

1200201oel82yzln6.gif

to the forum!!

First of all, get rid of that "death bowl!" I THINK you have a red ear slider, however the color on the shell is quite different (and beautiful!). Your new little babies need deeper water than the death bowl can provide. If they should accidentally end up on their back, they need enough water that they can turn back over.

Glad to have you here with us.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on the new turtles. But Yvonne is right you need to set them up in an aquarium. With a UVB light and a heater and a way to get out of the water. It should be fun getting them all setup. Here is a site that can help you with what you will need. http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/caresheet-red_ear_slider.htm
What type of turt is it? It is very cute. And you say you have 2?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Very attractive little one. Looks like a red-ear slider but the carapace pattern intriques me. Can't wait to see as adult. Follow Robyn and Yvonne as to setup and they will thrive.

M

Maggie Cummings

I think it's a sub species, Mississippi maybe? I am waiting for Danny, he'll know...I sometimes think like I did with my sister and the Latin names for the cactus's, how would we know if he is correct or not, because WE don't know the answer or the species, Danny could just be throwing out names of species and none of us would know if he is correct or not...

S

stells

but Maggie.... Danny is ALWAYS right... thats what he tells me anyway... ;)

I don't like to tell him that its me thats ALWAYS right... i'll let him find that out for himself lol

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Seeing as he's in India :D You have 2 Assam roofed turtles, Pangshura slyhetensis. :D

I'm sure you are Kelly :)

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
egyptiandan said:
Seeing as he's in India :D You have 2 Assam roofed turtles, Pangshura slyhetensis. :D

Danny

They are really pretty turtles. I wish they would post better pictures of the turtles. I don't know how common that particular turtle is in India, so my advice about breeding RES is way off base. However, I did a GOOGLE image search that the turtles that came up look nothing like the pretty turtle in this thread. Maggie...I think you're onto something!!:D

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
egyptiandan said:

Danny

That is too cute you guys.....long distance teasing, always fun. :) We all knew Danny would know the answer didn't we though? :p

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They lose the hatchling shell pattern as they get bigger Yvonne. :p

Danny

M

Maggie Cummings

That's too bad Danny, because that is a beautiful pattern and rare here in the States obviously. I think Danny and Kelly each have the other convinced that they or the other are always right...I'm getting confused now about who is always right but I know for sure it ain't ever me.
Danny 2 questions for you, now fess up...did you know off the top of your head the species of that turtle or did you have to research it? And how do you know he's from India? I read nothing that told me that...do you as moderator have access to something that the rest of us don't?
In our wandering around together we'd see a cactus and Yvonne would say "that's a
Austrocephalocereus lehmannianus". I'd say "huh???" She ALWAYS knew the Latin names of the cacti and Euphorbia...I and I of course never did. I started thingthat I'd never know if she was right or not because I sure didn't know the right name...And now I'm thinkin the same thing about Danny. We'd never know if he is right or not because we just don't know the correct names. I think Kelly has it right...:p

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I knew the genus off the top of my head and had it down to 2 species before I looked it up. :D
I'm afraid I do Maggie :D I can see his IP address and search the address to find out where someone is. ;)

I'm not telling :p

Danny

M

Maggie Cummings

egyptiandan said:
I knew the genus off the top of my head and had it down to 2 species before I looked it up. :D
I'm afraid I do Maggie :D I can see his IP address and search the address to find out where someone is. ;)

I'm not telling :p

Danny

You are just somethin else, not quite sure what...but I am narrowing it down on you...:p

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
It always amazes me to meet(?) people that can retain that kind of knowledge.. I have so much difficulty remembering a show I watched on TV last night. Or what I had for dinner,,or what I went into the basement for..or.... Why did I start this??
You guys are great and it's so wonderful to just ask here and not waste time looking things up.Plus you get humor besides!!
Enjoy your new torts Starkid, and listen to these folks, they know what they are doing to have healthy happy torts...You have some cool looking ones.
Na

Status
Not open for further replies.