Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
What is for breakfast?
Grapefruit
42d65839.jpg

Or an egg
8dcc095d.jpg

? ( And before anyone panics about a Sulcatas citrus intake NO she does not actually eat grapefruit from breakfast, it just fell from the tree and she investigated and then trampled it- I don't even think she recognizes them as edible )

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
If it was mine, he would have taken a bite to test it just because of the color...

I do like the 2nd photo..

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
There is a grapefruit tree in my encloser, they won't even touch it. So no worries! They (for the most part) know what's good for them. Congrats on the hatchling!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
katherine said:
What is for breakfast?
Grapefruit
42d65839.jpg

Or an egg
8dcc095d.jpg

? ( And before anyone panics about a Sulcatas citrus intake NO she does not actually eat grapefruit from breakfast, it just fell from the tree and she investigated and then trampled it- I don't even think she recognizes them as edible )

Nice little egg shot, pretty cool when these lil ones start hatching

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Congrats on the hatchling :)
Im surprised it didn't bite and do a taste test...

Katherine

5 Year Member
Yeah they never go for the grapefruit. When the persimmons fall they will eat them, but never even a curiosity bite out of the grapefruit. Which is both convenient and surprising because they usually do not make it their business to convenience me!

I agree with you Austin, I definitely think they have a good sense of what is and is not good for them to eat.

dustee35

10 Year Member!
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take sulcata eggs to hatch? Can they stay in the ground or do they have to be incubated? :rolleyes:

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
dustee35 said:
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take sulcata eggs to hatch? Can they stay in the ground or do they have to be incubated? :rolleyes:

90-120 days. They need to be incubated. The soil is usually too dense and won't keep the consistent temps they need to hatch.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Arizona Sulcata said:
90-120 days. They need to be incubated. The soil is usually too dense and won't keep the consistent temps they need to hatch.

What Austin said : ) mine usually to right at 90 days but I've had them everywhere in that range. Some people hatch them in the ground with success so I guess it depends where you are in the world, but I bring mine inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.