Grazzing

Lilly_Two

Location (City and/or State)
New York
I hear tortoises love to graze and I currently have a baby leopard and am working on growing her food for her enclosure however I want to grow some grazing trays to rotate in to her enclosure. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a seed mix of grasses and other small plants that I can put into this grazing tray. Any help I'm thankful for.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
The references to grazing just generally means that tortoises do not eat all their food at once. Rather, they come back and nibble throughout the day. This doesn't necessarily mean that you need to grow small trays of food to rotate in for them to 'graze.' They can graze on a pile of greens in the feeding dish. More practically, your tortoise will probably just trample your hard work.

Growing your own food is definitely a good thing to do. "Testudo Seed Mix" from tortoisesupply.com is a great mixture for any tortoise.

Lilly_Two

New York
The references to grazing just generally means that tortoises do not eat all their food at once. Rather, they come back and nibble throughout the day. This doesn't necessarily mean that you need to grow small trays of food to rotate in for them to 'graze.' They can graze on a pile of greens in the feeding dish. More practically, your tortoise will probably just trample your hard work.

Growing your own food is definitely a good thing to do. "Testudo Seed Mix" from tortoisesupply.com is a great mixture for any tortoise.
Alright thank you, I figured they liked to graze from watching many videos of professional tortoise keepers say that their tortoises eat out an entire lawn quickly. My tortoise refuses to eat anything that's not lettuce or zucchini however she likes eating spider plant that I have in her enclosure for her to nibble on, so I figured mabey if I grow a grazing tray it'll add a little scenery and she might get a more nutritional meal. I'll definitely check out tortoisesupply.com. thanks!