• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Great New find!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Checkout this beautiful girl I found today and couldn't pass up. She'll be quarantined for a little before she joins the others. Any opinions on if this is just a regular Red ear with unique colors? Or possibly some kind of intergrade?IMG_20190901_133140526.jpg IMG_20190901_133151812.jpg IMG_20190901_134630047.jpg

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Not yet, still thinking of one. It has to start with an "S". I already have Speedy, Spike, Spud, Snap, and Sheldon, any suggestions?
When @Moozillion pointed out the double row of scutes and I looked at the picture again, it sort of struck me as dance steps... You know, like the shoe prints on the floor in cartoons, when a character was trying to learn how to dance? The (potential) name Two Step came to mind... Step begins with an S. :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
Ga
When @Moozillion pointed out the double row of scutes and I looked at the picture again, it sort of struck me as dance steps... You know, like the shoe prints on the floor in cartoons, when a character was trying to learn how to dance? The (potential) name Two Step came to mind... Step begins with an S. :)
She's the seventh turtle so I think I might call her "Seven".

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Ah, another Trekkie. Jeri Ryan was memorable in that role.
Exactly! Amazon Prime TV is great for reruns, too... :)

@Toddrickfl1 might have to name one of the next two, Star. Maybe he can switch to T names when he gets terrestrials. Tiberius would make a great name for a male! :p