Great Pyrenees what????

Status
Not open for further replies.

natty01

5 Year Member
yes the face says chow , but who knows . i was thinking a leo would have been a more likely mix but it depends what breeds are popular in the area he came from.

sorry about your other dog. i lost a dog to bone cancer last september. it was horrible so my heart goes out to you ((((hugs))))

Tortoise said:
Thanks for the opinions-do you think its significant that he has the blue spot on his tongue?
Louise

Jacqui said:
He does look a little like my Bear.

069-1.jpg

066-2.jpg

We think he is GP and chow.

Yes they are very similar that's for sure.
Jack has a beautiful temperament and is very loving.
He is coming up 3yrs and we were given him last fall by friends moving back to Europe from Canada.
Thanks for the photos of your dogs
Louise

Laura said:
chow chow...
Bone cancer is awfull... and painful. www.tripawds.com is fulll of people with dog who have that.. some have had the surgery to remove the leg in hopes they caught it soon enough..

Yes I asked the vet about amputation but she said because their weight is distributed 60% through their front legs it would be very tough for her to adjust.(she is over 100lbs in weight) She is not young either as big dogs go. She is 7.5 yrs
Also she has always been afraid of slippery surfaces and is very cautious about losing her footing so i think for her it just would not be a fair thing to do.Also I read that in 90% cases when there is a tumor there is likely to be cancer already in other parts of her body, so surgery would be buying time but not very much I am told.
She has had a fantastic life and loved beyond belief but I had anticipated having her a lot longer.
She is on medication to keep her comfortable so we are taking each day as it comes and so far she is still happy.

I will look at the website link regardless
Thanks
Louise

exoticsdr said:
I would say Chow is well represented with 99.99% confidence. There is a dna test available to determine the makeup of mixed breed dogs....it's called the Wisdom Panel http://www.wisdompanel.com/?utm_sou...ork&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=k271169

Have sent off several with mixed results. This is not intended to be used to prove purebreed status of a dog (all purebreeds are mixtures of other breeds). Give it a look and mention it to your vet.

Doc

I never heard of that-thanks its very interesting.
I have another little mixed breed I wonder about as I never saw a dog like her before.
Thanks
Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.