GREEN SPIDER UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I posted a pic of this spider about a month ago and wanted to give an update. This spider has not moved from this cactus pad for about 3 months. A few weeks ago I saw her eating another green spider and at that time I was thinking maybe that was the male she ate after mating. 2 days ago I came to check on her and she had this huge egg sac that she was working on and protecting. Afyer laying all the eggs her but size went down quite a bit. She is currently eating another spider and has her 2 back legs protecting her egg sac. Dont know what Im going to do with a bunch of baby spiders. here is a current pic with egg sac.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hate spiders, but that's pretty cool. Glad she's with you though, she never would have made it very long with me. A pic of all the babies would be really cool to see, if they don't hatch and leave before you get too see them.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
wellington said:
I hate spiders, but that's pretty cool. Glad she's with you though, she never would have made it very long with me. A pic of all the babies would be really cool to see, if they don't hatch and leave before you get too see them.

I wonder how many are in there

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
thats badass. i just read the other thread yesterday, funny to see this update today. haha. i found your new pet gorgeous, and very cool. PLEASE keep us updated, would love to see how this goes. thanks.

Chive On!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
nate.mann said:
thats badass. i just read the other thread yesterday, funny to see this update today. haha. i found your new pet gorgeous, and very cool. PLEASE keep us updated, would love to see how this goes. thanks.

Chive On!

I walk right by this cactus everyday, its right outside my back door and on the way to check on all the torts. This spider has become quite a hit with some of my family members bringing kids to look at it

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
bigred said:
nate.mann said:

Chive On!

I walk right by this cactus everyday, its right outside my back door and on the way to check on all the torts. This spider has become quite a hit with some of my family members bringing kids to look at it

oh well thats even better, nice and easy to check on. haha. not surprised, i would too.

Chive On!

Status
Not open for further replies.