Greetings from Maine!!

Jen Rosell

Wanted to introduce my self, My name is Jen I live in Wells Maine. I just purchased my first tortoise last Sunday and boy I thought I had researched enough but guess I didn't, haha.... I was told at the store that I purchased a female so we named her "Pebbles" but after a friend on this forum said that she is probably a he... so, maybe a change of name to Bam Bam as I like the whole dinosaur Flintstones thing.....

taza

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Welcome. I know what you mean I thought I had researched a lot, wow was I wrong. I learn so much everyday from everyone here on the forum. I spend a hour before work reading all the post then a couple hours or more after, lol.
Can't wait to see some pictures.
Sandy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jen!

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Jen welcome to the TFO from AZ . Did I miss something I didn't see any Picts or what kind of tort .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Jen Rosell

well I thought my profile pic was of him, still trying to figure this site out. I just joined today. I was told its a Russian Tortoise

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Your profile is a russian, so I will say hello to pebbles, the gender confused russian.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Welcome :)

If you post a good clear pic of the plastron (undershell) including the tail, we can clear up the gender for you. :)

yillt

Sorry I am not an expert on Russians but beautiful tort and welcome to the forum. I thought I knew almost everything about tortoises by now I learn something every time I come on. There is always something more to know. ;):)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome. Your tort is too small to be reliably sexed. Th3y all look female-ish to start. You will have to wait a couple of years, sorry.