Greetings from Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portsmouth, VA
Hi, I'm Sonja, I'm from Philly, but I live in the Hampton Roads area in Virginia and for those of you that aren't familiar, it's Norfolk/Virginia Beach and a few other places thrown in there. I recently received my second Greek tortoise as the first little hatchling didn't make it past a week. I've already posted in the Vendor topic on that. I believe I have an Iberia Greek after reveiwing some previous pics of another tortoise. I'll post my pics later.

I'm new at raising reptiles, my brother always had some type of tortoise/turtle when I was growing up and I had wanted one myself. Since I received my first little guy, Cecil, I've read quite a few posts on here regarding the proper habitat to keep them in. I'm going to have a ton of questions to make sure that this time I'm doing everything I should be doing for the new guy/girl. I'm thinking she's a she.

I'd like to say thanks in advance for all the assistance I know I'll be receiving from this site and everyone on it. Glad I found it!

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
[/i]Lets see if these pics come through.

Tort 1.JPG
(water isn't normally low, this was after I added more topsoil, plants and substrate)

Tort 2.JPG

Enclosure.JPG
Nice View, now lets see if those plants will last!

With Fogger.JPG
Enclosure w/fogger

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sonja:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!