Grow tent

rayzzfish

Location (City and/or State)
Cornwall
Would this make a good enclosure grow tent ? I have 4'x4' grow tent would that make a good enclosure. Just wondering ...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No pic showed. But a pop up portable greenhouse makes decent enclosures. However that size is good for a hatchling. Depending on species it only will last 6 months to a year or two maybe three. A sulcata or leopard six months to a year maybe 2. Smaller species maybe 3 years.

rayzzfish

Cornwall
It's a 4'x4' grow tent its actually pretty nice looking. I also have for it a 6" inline duct fan with temperature and humidity control. This is what I was talking about.
Screenshot_20230402-101855_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230402-101958_Chrome.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You want something with a bigger footprint. Go to Amazon and take a look at the mini greenhouses they sell (like Barb suggested). I bought one from them that is 6' long and 2' wide.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
85% humidity without even trying...DSCN1012.JPGDSCN0987.JPG
this is a very good thing...a constant 85% humidity and 85 to 90 degrees...6'x3.5'. Too bad nobody lives in it...if I decide to get a beardie the whole thing will have to change...but for now it's loaded with humidity...DSCN0990.JPG

zovick

10 Year Member!
You want something with a bigger footprint. Go to Amazon and take a look at the mini greenhouses they sell (like Barb suggested). I bought one from them that is 6' long and 2' wide.
Hello @Yvonne
Just wanted to point out that the 4x4 square grow tent the OP posted has 16 square feet of floor space and the 6x2 you mentioned has 12 square feet. Are you saying that the extra 2 feet of length makes the rectangle shape a better choice even with 4 less square feet of floor area?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello @Yvonne
Just wanted to point out that the 4x4 square grow tent the OP posted has 16 square feet of floor space and the 6x2 you mentioned has 12 square feet. Are you saying that the extra 2 feet of length makes the rectangle shape a better choice even with 4 less square feet of floor area?
Sorry. It looks a lot smaller in the pictue.