Hanging outdoor plant

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I’m looking for a hanging plant that I can put over my tortoises’ outdoor enclosures. I thought it could give another bit of shade but also provide a snack as it grows and hangs down. This would be in a full sun spot but watered daily. Any suggestions?

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I’m looking for a hanging plant that I can put over my tortoises’ outdoor enclosures. I thought it could give another bit of shade but also provide a snack as it grows and hangs down. This would be in a full sun spot but watered daily. Any suggestions?

Spider plants seem like just what you are looking for. My redfoots munch away on the offshoot spiders.

Bambam1989

East Texas
You might try some mini-pumpkins, cantaloupe, or cucumber. The leaves and blooms are yummy to torts.
They should be easy to find this time of year and will be safe because it's intended for human consumption.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Spider plants seem like just what you are looking for. My redfoots munch away on the offshoot spiders.
I just read more about them and although they are popular indoor plants, they tolerate a wide range of temperatures. Hope upper 90s is ok and full sun.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
You might try some mini-pumpkins, cantaloupe, or cucumber. The leaves and blooms are yummy to torts.
They should be easy to find this time of year and will be safe because it's intended for human consumption.
Thinking yellow squash too.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
I just read more about them and although they are popular indoor plants, they tolerate a wide range of temperatures. Hope upper 90s is ok and full sun.

Got em all around my RF pen. They do great sun or shade. Lots of shoots. All the plants around their pen get pruned and fed to my five.