Harper-the growing machine

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Wow, growth is really strong. What is he or she's diet like? Looking good :)
Lots of grass & weeds I have a lot of mulberry trees in my yard so he gets a lot of leaves from there too I'm trying to start him on hay but he has no interest in it so far. In the winter time we make do with store-bought greens grass mix that I grow myself and to Hibiscus bushes I have in my turtle room

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Lots of grass & weeds I have a lot of mulberry trees in my yard so he gets a lot of leaves from there too I'm trying to start him on hay but he has no interest in it so far. In the winter time we make do with store-bought greens grass mix that I grow myself and to Hibiscus bushes I have in my turtle room
I cut Speedy's hay up in small pieces and soak it to sort of reconstitute it . Then I bury his Mazuri under a pile of it , it took a while but now he eats all the hay to get at that Mazuri ! ;) Harper looks great by the way !! :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hugo is now 4! He is between 35 & 40lbs. We recently purchased a 12x16 barn for him & are working on getting a fence installed to give him 40 x 40 square. He has a heated night box that I lock him in every night & has lived out side all summer. We have a ton of Rose of Sharon & Mulberry saplings I am transplanting in there for shade when the fence is up! Oh and he will be getting his own small cement pound for soaks. (thinking 3x3 &
4 inch deep???) Curious though - anyone use rain barrels for their torts?
We just started installing an outdoor wood burner & will be running that to his barn too. He lives in a heated basement room in the winter currently.
20170704_133824.jpg