Hatchling Pooping Multiple Times A Day ?

Location (City and/or State)
Arlington, MA
Hey community, I posted my intro yesterday about Bo (2.5 month Eastern Hermann's) and his enclosure but now I have a question about his poop—I don't have pics, totally spaced, however, they've been small healthy poops solid with fiber remnants, dark green/brown. My little has pooped twice today already, once in his morning bath and then a few hours later after a few bites of romaine and walking around.

Should I worry or does that seem like a healthy intake of fiber?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hey community, I posted my intro yesterday about Bo (2.5 month Eastern Hermann's) and his enclosure but now I have a question about his poop—I don't have pics, totally spaced, however, they've been small healthy poops solid with fiber remnants, dark green/brown. My little has pooped twice today already, once in his morning bath and then a few hours later after a few bites of romaine and walking around.

Should I worry or does that seem like a healthy intake of fiber?
There'snot much fiber in Romaine. Have you read the Hermanni care sheet? It will list all the stuff he can eat. But you need to mix up a variety

Arlington, MA
There'snot much fiber in Romaine. Have you read the Hermanni care sheet? It will list all the stuff he can eat. But you need to mix up a variety

Hi Maggie, yes I know romaine is "fluff" mostly water, but the little one goes right for it before anything else. I do provide a variety, baby arugula, collard greens, kale, butter head, etc. It's winter so natural fresh grasses and leaves will come soon. I'm going to be growing some clover soon as well.

I'm trying minimize the amount of romaine i add in to get him to be more adventurous with the other greens I provide. I do also add a zoomed grassland tortoise pellet, soaked and mushy like a dressing to try to supplement for nutrients.