Hatchling yolk sack help!

Jak81

Hi all

Woke up this morning to 2 new arrivals. I gave them a warm shallow bath and noticed that one seems fine the other doesn't seem to have absorbed all of the yolk and is fully out of the egg with a large sack.

This is 3rd lot of successful hatchlings but never had this. I've seen the large sack before and read lots about that but it worries me more that a large amount of yolk has not been absorbed.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Photo attached 20171203_073450.jpg20171203_073517.jpg20171203_072648.jpg

Sesel

Location (City and/or State)
Seychelles
I wouldn't worry too much.

20171105_112243-1.jpg

We've had some with super large ones. We just followed what some have suggested; putting paper towel on the bottom of the container and a litle bit of water to make it moist.

It will be better in a few days.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not to worry. Most are hatched out with a yolk sac. Like said, keep all of them on moist paper towel and keep them warm until sac obsorb and closed up

Jak81

I wouldn't worry too much.

View attachment 224266

We've had some with super large ones. We just followed what some have suggested; putting paper towel on the bottom of the container and a litle bit of water to make it moist.

It will be better in a few days.
Thank you...it seems to have got a bit smaller by this evening...i generally put my new hatchlings on paper damp towel anyway. This is the 6th hatch but only one to be so open/big.