Sulcata passing yolk

M.beaver

Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the pictures but I’m really worried about my female sulcata. I have 5 in total (2 females and 3 males, in a very large enclosure)
I’ve noticed this morning that she’s passing out her wee in pure liquid and a full yolk sac with no shell. She’s being laying a few times over summer, but this time there’s no signs of burrowing, she’s just been passing out the urine and a yolk sack.
Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• EBDA8EC0-1064-45CD-B4A8-BDA545E923FB.jpeg
    EBDA8EC0-1064-45CD-B4A8-BDA545E923FB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • D961FA22-9C42-4452-A582-9862CB152FA0.jpeg
    D961FA22-9C42-4452-A582-9862CB152FA0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • EEC8DD47-83A6-4F9D-8252-F8D229734D80.jpeg
    EEC8DD47-83A6-4F9D-8252-F8D229734D80.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is not my area of expertise. I'll send a shout out to @Markw84 and @zovick to see if they can help you.

In the meantime is there any way to section off part of the yard and move two of those males? Either that or try to find a couple more females. Your male/female ratio is out of whack and my be causing stress for the females.

M.beaver

England
This is not my area of expertise. I'll send a shout out to @Markw84 and @zovick to see if they can help you.

In the meantime is there any way to section off part of the yard and move two of those males? Either that or try to find a couple more females. Your male/female ratio is out of whack and my be causing stress for the females.
Thankyou! And they all live perfectly together, no signs of dominance or anything with my males and the females are also fine! I only recently rehomed another male but looking for a female too, so hopefully my ration will be level again :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Thankyou! And they all live perfectly together, no signs of dominance or anything with my males and the females are also fine! I only recently rehomed another male but looking for a female too, so hopefully my ration will be level again :)
I'm thinking she meant that constant harassing and breeding and eggs laying most probably is stressing the females. I sure wouldn't like it...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the pictures but I’m really worried about my female sulcata. I have 5 in total (2 females and 3 males, in a very large enclosure)
I’ve noticed this morning that she’s passing out her wee in pure liquid and a full yolk sac with no shell. She’s being laying a few times over summer, but this time there’s no signs of burrowing, she’s just been passing out the urine and a yolk sack.
Any help is appreciated!
This species doesn't usually lay in the summer. They are winter layers.

What size enclosure are they in? How are you heating it and what are the temperatures?

What size female is this? How old?

Is this her first time laying?