Hay Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hagerstown, MD
Ha! Very true, yet upside down. I'm thinking of poking about a dozen holes in one of those and filling it with sphagnum moss. Then hanging it just above the tank. Might create a waterfall of humidity since it will be cooler than the tank.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Rhyno47 said:
Ha! Very true, yet upside down. I'm thinking of poking about a dozen holes in one of those and filling it with sphagnum moss. Then hanging it just above the tank. Might create a waterfall of humidity since it will be cooler than the tank.

I use them right side up like that. Anyhow, compliments on the hay dispenser. Sorry for diverting your useful thread.

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
No need to be. I like when people go on tangents on my posts, plus yours are insightful.

M

Maggie Cummings

Not only is the dispenser a great idea, getting a Russian to eat hay is awesome. Good job!

S

stells

One thing... i would give the edges a rub over with some sandpaper to smooth them off... looks like there are some sharp bits that could give a nasty poke in the eye...

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Very creative!! Nelson would rather sleep in his pile of hay :p I'm hoping he will enjoy eating it more as he gets older (he has nibbled on it a few times)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Wow I'm amazed your Russian eats the hay...mine will only do it by accident (when we are hand feeding and it gets in his way)...did you do anything special to get the tort to eat it, or just put it in and the tort went for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.