He LIKES me, he REALLY likes me! :')

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
I was misting Carl's habitat and he kept chasing my hand around. Not meandering behind, but going full tortoise speed to catch up to my hand... I figured he just wanted to bite me to get me out or because he really hates the mister.

BUT I was curious so I put the mister down and put my hand in the opposite side of the enclosure from where he was. He ran just as fast as before up to my hand. He sniffed my fingers for a bit, I prepared for a bite, but he DIDN'T! He climbed up into my hand and crawled around, trying to get me to take him out!

He loves me, he really does :')

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Let's just hope he doesn't really love you :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
My daughter jokes that when a Hermann's tortoise sees a collector in the field, he/she whistles and yells "Over here...take me...TAKE ME!!!" :p

Friendly little critters... :D

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
I did that with my adult red foots always chasing my hands well one day when I was in there cage cleaning it they were chasing my hand then they seen my sock and bit it and started to pull so I let the male have the sock and now they sleep with on a sock

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Terry Allan Hall said:
My daughter jokes that when a Hermann's tortoise sees a collector in the field, he/she whistles and yells "Over here...take me...TAKE ME!!!" :p

Friendly little critters... :D

No wonder they are such popular pets! :)

Now that I think about it, he probably just hoped I would feed him... but... I don't care, point is he likes me for something, haha

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
bobbymoore said:
I did that with my adult red foots always chasing my hands well one day when I was in there cage cleaning it they were chasing my hand then they seen my sock and bit it and started to pull so I let the male have the sock and now they sleep with on a sock

I think you have just solved the mystery of where did all the missing socks go from the washer! I can just see it now ... Herds of Redfoots sneaking into people's houses to steal just one sock from each pair!
LAUGHING OUT LOUD FOR REAL! You should post a picture of you tort sleeping with his sock!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Watsonpartyof4 said:
bobbymoore said:

I think you have just solved the mystery of where did all the missing socks go from the washer! I can just see it now ... Herds of Redfoots sneaking into people's houses to steal just one sock from each pair!
LAUGHING OUT LOUD FOR REAL! You should post a picture of you tort sleeping with his sock!

Dang...who knew there are commando Redfoots around here, collecting socks (for major outrages and carnivals of crime)...but I often DO end up missing a sock at every laundry load...and the washing machine and dryer ARE about 3 feet from our back door, where they can easily sneak in... :tort:

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Terry Allan Hall said:
Dang...who knew there are commando Redfoots around here, collecting socks (for major outrages and carnivals of crime)...but I often DO end up missing a sock at every laundry load...and the washing machine and dryer ARE about 3 feet from our back door, where they can easily sneak in... :tort:

I think we have solved a nationwide thieving ring!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Congrats :D I'm trying to remember to say my Leopard tortoise's name when I feed him so he know's his name when he's older :)

Status
Not open for further replies.