Healthy Looking Shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, Arizona
Hey all! These are some pictures of Vygo, my four month old RT, today while he was playing outside in the sunlight. I can see some growth coming in but I wanted to get some opinions on if it looks like healthy growth or not. He is very active, eats well, and spends about 30-45 mins a day outside during the week and longer on weekends. He has very bright eyes and no discharge coming from anywhere (eyes,nose, etc) and I follow the recommended 4 temps (from russiantortoise.net) and a fairly varied diet. In the pictures there almost appears to be spots that almost look like shell rot?! I don't remember seeing spots on him though so hopefully it's just the lighting and/or camera. I will double check and take a closer look when he wakes up! Once again I'm paranoid.
Thanks! ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364029630.429055.jpg ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364029654.629370.jpg ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364029676.326684.jpg ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364029692.221112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
He's gorgeous! Such a beautiful baby!!! :)

There's nothing in the pictures that would indicate that he's not healthy and your description of his environment and daily routine suggests that he is a very happy, healthy little tortoise. You're doing a great job!

I look forward to seeing more updates and pictures of this little one as he grows.

SmileyKylie623

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Arizona
laney said:
OMG WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Laney! His little face gets me every time. :p

leonardo the tmnt said:
He looks healty!!

Yay! Thanks!

mctlong said:
He's gorgeous! Such a beautiful baby!!! :)

There's nothing in the pictures that would indicate that he's not healthy and your description of his environment and daily routine suggests that he is a very happy, healthy little tortoise. You're doing a great job!

I look forward to seeing more updates and pictures of this little one as he grows.

Such a huge relief! Thank you!
I'm sure there will be plenty more pictures as I take a few almost every time I soak him, feed him, let him outside, etc. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.