Heart Or Brain?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I like Jacqui's answer. The brain makes the best decisions, but I think you have to listen to your heart to be happy.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Any financial decision is made with my brain. Anything else is pretty much my heart.
Lucky you!

What about a decision as far as a job is concerned? Your brain, I presume.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
This is a question that i can't answer. It really depend on the situation. My heart taking control most of time, I have to admit that.
Is the question that hard to answer? I don't think so, moreover, this is only fun; nothing that serious.:D

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
I usually go with my heart. It is not always the best decision in the end, but I can live with that. Going with your heart tends to leave no regrets...at least for me.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I usually go with my heart. It is not always the best decision in the end, but I can live with that. Going with your heart tends to leave no regrets...at least for me.
Interesting. Why would a decision taken by one's heart leave no regrets, when it's one's brain that should make the more logical decisions?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Interesting. Why would a decision taken by one's heart leave no regrets, when it's one's brain that should make the more logical decisions?
Well, as they say, the heart wants what the heart wants. If you let your brain make the choice, the heart will still want. For me, that can lead to regretting my decision down the road and life is too short for that.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The only time I listen to my brain is when it come's to money. All other things, I listen to my heart. If I make a logical decision about something, (that would be a decision that the brain makes) things never seem to make me happy. I've always listened to my heart and been happy with my decisions. Only once did I listen to my brain and made a logical decision, and I'm still paying for it. Now I listen to my heart all the time.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
The only time I listen to my brain is when it come's to money. All other things, I listen to my heart. If I make a logical decision about something, (that would be a decision that the brain makes) things never seem to make me happy. I've always listened to my heart and been happy with my decisions. Only once did I listen to my brain and made a logical decision, and I'm still paying for it. Now I listen to my heart all the time.
It's the opposite with me: if I dare listen to my heart, I will regret it and pay for it endlessly. On the other hand if I listen to my brain, I'll be happy whatever the consequences.

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
It's the opposite with me: if I dare listen to my heart, I will regret it and pay for it endlessly. On the other hand if I listen to my brain, I'll be happy whatever the consequences.

I am assuming that "listening with your brain" focuses on logical reasoning, and "listening with your heart" focuses on the emotional?

If so--and unless you are a robot--is there any real situation in life that does not encompass both aspects? Feeling combined with introspection is profoundly human, and something that makes us special :)

Personally, I rely on my instinct and impulse in any given situation. It's a roller coaster, but it's one heck of a ride :<3: