Heat Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
This year I have gone through 4 heat lamps for crush they keep blowing GRRRRRR!
They only £4 each but i thought bulbs lasted around a year lol!

What do you all think?

xx

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
I am on my second bulb since september. I find there are two kinds of bulbs - the one that blew was an exo terra red 40w, which is now replaced with an exo terra red 50w. These are about £8. My local hardwear shop can get me 40 w redbulbs for £1.40. I used one in the interim period of aquiring another exo terra and the heat emission was exactly the same :) I think it depens on how often you bulb is on/off - i have myne on 6am-7pm and at the moment its on a timer to come on at 11, 1, 3, 5 for 45 mins so i am assuming they will not last as long. Try your local hardwear shop and see if you can make a saving that way..

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Take a look at the fixture you are putting them in--are you exceeding the wattage allowed? You should not be having that kind of luck. What kind of bulbs? Ceramic heat emitters should last for years, so if you are using another type it may be time to switch. You likely can return them to the store since they blew, even if the return time frame has been exceeded. Or, contact the manufacturer. I vote to invest the money in a CHE (I assume you don't have one due to the low price you quoted) to save you time and money in the long run. I think mine was $20 or $25 USD but they are supposed to last for many years even running full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.