Heat panels

quail

5 Year Member
I am in the process of building a 4' wide, 8'long and 3' high night box for my adult Sulcata. I live in New England and temps are freezing. He will not be outside in the winter but I'm hoping to extend his outside season and get him back outside as soon as possible. I would appreciate any suggestions on a good radiant heat panel and thermastat. I already have a Kane pig mat to use as well.

quail

5 Year Member
How can I access someone's threads? I have tried entering topics in the search field and always come up empty.

quail

5 Year Member
Thank you for the link Wellington. I'm torn between heat panels or oil heaters. My box is almost identical to Tom's design.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Ether will work. If you use a RHP, you will need to lower it some, as three feet is much too high for it to be effective. I would make the box only 24" tall. That extra foot is just more unnecessary space to heat.

argus333

5 Year Member
im in nj i use oil filled and a pig blanket and 75 watt bulb for light. works great and not to bad on the wallet. i have same thermostat as above on the heater. i keep my sullys out all winter. 6x 5ft x 24inch high shed with 12x10 ft semi heated greenhouse.