Heat stroke

NicoDx

Location (City and/or State)
Middle East
hi guys,
my greek tortoise apparently had a heat stroke today, i found him making noises and foaming from his mouth, it happened while my wife cleaned his hide at the other side of the garden and he was in a sunny place, when she noticed it she called me and i first put him in water to soak (not too cold or hot water) he calmed down and seemed weak, after about 12 to 15 minute i took him out and placed him in his house enclosure, he seems to move ok (hope not to jinx it) he is a little weak, he ate some lettuce 2 hours ago but im still terrified that something will happen to him, i asked a friend about it and he also told me one of his tortoises died this way, he said that i should now soak him twice daily in order for him to recover, do you guys think he will be ok? :i

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just curious here, but you say he was in a sunny side of the garden. So, you think heatstroke outside today in Canada? Seems way too cold in Canada today for “heat stroke” unless confined right in the sun in an aquarium or something? Could it have possibly ingested something bad?

NicoDx

Middle East
I live in the middle east temps were close to 32c today, i will change it when i figure out how to

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I don't know of a Canada in the Middle East....lol!!!
Yes to a LOT of soaking. What's his regular diet? Any pictures of him and his enclosure?