Heat wave!

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
Leonora staying cool in this blistering heat! I came home from work twice each day this week just to make it rain for her and refill her mud puddles. This is her version of saying thank you… she moved out of hiding enough for me to know she’s still alive! Hope my SoCal peeps are safe from the fires and staying cool!
IMG_0252.jpeg

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah its been brutal here. My guy has plenty of deep shade but the ambient temperature is broiling and the ground positively radiates heat.

@Tom - how is your creep holding up??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Lots of sprinklers, mud puddles, soaking, and fans at night going on at my place, i like warmer weather, but when it starts topping 100, I get nervous about all my animals. No problems to report yet. Glad today is the last day of this oven-like misery. I keep telling friends and family, it’s like this every day in Phoenix! At least our nights still cool down. We still dropped into the high sixties here every night.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Lots of sprinklers, mud puddles, soaking, and fans at night going on at my place, i like warmer weather, but when it starts topping 100, I get nervous about all my animals. No problems to report yet. Glad today is the last day of this oven-like misery. I keep telling friends and family, it’s like this every day in Phoenix! At least our nights still cool down. We still dropped into the high sixties here every night.
Ugh not here - still in the high 70s at night. Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 90s here, but by Saturday its going to drop into the 50s at night. Poor reptiles, I don't know how they handle all this boomeranging.

Glad to hear all is well at your place. Russians hate water even when it is good for them!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ugh not here - still in the high 70s at night. Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 90s here, but by Saturday its going to drop into the 50s at night. Poor reptiles, I don't know how they handle all this boomeranging.

Glad to hear all is well at your place. Russians hate water even when it is good for them!
I have had so many Russian tortoises act like I have dropped them into a vat of acid when I soak them. Some of them persisted at this for over a month. All of them eventually got used to it and learned to not care about it at all in time.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Yeah I just wish they would go into the water and/drink on their own!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah I just wish they would go into the water and/drink on their own!
Me too. It’s a problem with them and they are one of the top three for bladder stones. That’s why I soak them anyway, in spite of their protestations, and that’s how I know that they all get over it.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
There is a fire north of me close enough that it’s raining ash, when do we worry about air quality? Should I consider bringing my tort inside? Is that rational? Logical? This is a new concern for me as a new tort keeper. My dogs are inside. 🤔