Heated house

DIYjoanna

Location (City and/or State)
Harker heights, TX
Hello! Thinking ahead for winter. Are there any premade heated houses out there on the market? Thinking possibly of doing a heated grow house up underneath our patio in the winter. Are these grow houses heat able to that extent? Texas winter. The majority of the time it’s above freezing and I’ll bring them in if freezing. The reason I hesitate on putting a heated house near the enclosure in the yard is there’s no electrical outlets anywhere near…I supposed I could run an extension cord but seems less than ideal

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The right heating for an outdoor tortoise shed is an oil filled radiator heater which can not be plugged into an extension cord
I don't think a grow house will stay warm enough without the heater going on high at all times.
Post a pic of the grow house you have in mind
One of Toms night boxes would probably be the right way to go as long as you don't have days in a row that he couldn't get outside.

DIYjoanna

Harker heights, TX
Something like these. One of them even has a power port. The last pic is a company that builds custom tortoise houses near me. The quote was $4500 though and well out of budget. Also, I can DIY to a certain extent but not carpentry so that’s not an option. Interested in the nightboxes. Haven’t seen that yet

Attachments

• IMG_3347.png
    IMG_3347.png
    869 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3348.png
    IMG_3348.png
    699.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3349.png
    IMG_3349.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3343.png
    IMG_3343.png