Heating Solutions

Bookaddict25

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Has anyone used repti heat cables? It says they can be wound around branches or used under the habitat. I bought a big reflective t5 grow light which is helping, but I'm looking for more options.

Bookaddict25

Pennsylvania
Greetings.... most ppl opt for one or two CHEs connected to a thermostat along with a Kane heating mat/pig blanket IF u are talking torts. Another option is an overhead radiant heat panel like one of these, also connected to thermostat.

Good luck!
Thanks! He is indeed a tort. This is the first time anyone's mentioned either of these items. I've built a pen for him, and I'm tweaking it as I go along to get it right. The grow lights were a big step in the right direction. He now stays out much longer than before because it's sunny in my living room, but they aren't projecting the heat the way I expected.

Rusky

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Thanks! He is indeed a tort. This is the first time anyone's mentioned either of these items. I've built a pen for him, and I'm tweaking it as I go along to get it right. The grow lights were a big step in the right direction. He now stays out much longer than before because it's sunny in my living room, but they aren't projecting the heat the way I expected.
I'm pretty sure grow lights aren't supposed to emit heat, and if that's a Russian, they need a basking spot of 95 degrees

Bookaddict25

Pennsylvania
He is. And he has 2 basking spots. One mvb, and one plain basking spot. He's also got a humid hide that's got a heating mat under it.