Hell finally froze over

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I'm sure we all are familiar with how "corporate" acts in big companies. Well, I just experienced a weird Corporate. Petsmart had an African side neck turtle that they couldn't sell. So they decided it was because of a small spot of shell rot on it's plastron. I told them it wasn't shell rot, that water turtles didn't get rot as they live in water. However in February they put him in isolation in the back. So a few weeks ago the store manager called and asked if I would like to adopt this turtle. She hadda leave a message as I didn't answer. No I wouldn't like to adopt that turtle...so time passes and another phone call (about the 4th one and I never did call back), so in irritation I answered...and said "I told you I don't pay for animals.what do you want from me?!! "I want you to get that turtle out of my store" she replies...lol So I brought home a box with a bird on it...and an unseen African sideneck...so I get home and start thinking about supplies and set up...oh hell...I gave most of my stuff to Y cuz I wasn't gonna take any more chelonia...So I put him in a 75 gallon tank with a homemade brick hide, and a pull out...the water is about 7 inches deep. I did buy a heater but can't do much until next check. I do have to set him up decently even if I'm not going to keep this guy (thinking of Houdini) he needs certain things while he's here. I think he'd relax some if I didn't have to do daily water changes...The manager told me he is wild caught...I didn't see him until we got home and oh my!!! He looks like he was just made yesterday, he is pristine...this ain't no wild caught animal...
I'll take better pictures later..,DSCN0511.JPGDSCN0510.JPGDSCN0508.JPGDSCN0505.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
So who wants a side neck? hmmmm? Let's hear ya now...don't ya ll talk at once....young African Side neck who is absolutely perfect....I think he's a juvenile

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Beautiful. If I were closer id take him on, but I'd have to buy another filter, uvb and heat. Good luck Maggie 🤣

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice turtle. I'd love to have him, but I'm not taking on anything new for the foreseeable future. My dance card is chock full.