Hello Everyone... Our Intro :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

theamazingphil

5 Year Member
Hey everyone.

Im glad i finally found a good and relatively active tortoise forum.

Anyways, my name is Phil and I keep a small collection of Large reptiles haha.
- 0.1 Granite Burmese Python
- 0.1 Pastel BCC
- 1.0 Spectacled Caiman
- 1.1 Red Eared Slider

But id say my favourite and certainly the one with the most personality is my little Chelonian Friend Cheezepuff.... My Girlfriend calls him ``Puffdaddy`` :rolleyes:

Cheezepuff is my 6 month old Redfoot. Hes my little buddy, we sunbathe together, we eat our salad together, and hes the subject of alot of my photography just because hes so darn CUTE!!!

He loves to eat his mixed veggies with calcium powder(i buy the frozen ones and thaw them for him), and he loves to eat strawberries and blueberries and raspberries, and when i take him outside for our tanning sesions he chows down on dandelions and the greens and the clovers. I also feed him fresh fish chunks once a week.

Anyways, thats the intro, so here a quick pic of me and a bunch of pics of my little buddy ♥

phil3.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Enjoy!
Cheers
-Phil.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Aw-w-w-w! Cheesepuff is just a little baby!! In those pictures he still has his egg tooth.

1023857k9y11xjvnj.gif

to the forum!

I love it when new members join and tell us something about themselves and their animals. And pictures too! What a bonus.

May I suggest some reading for you?

redfoots.com and turtletary.com

Glad to have you and your group here.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Phil and Cheezepuff welcome to the forum. Cheezepuff is a cutie. Looking forward to hearing of his future adventures.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Welcome to TFO Phil & 'PuffDaddy', lol ~

You've got a real cutie there; no wonder she is the subject of so many images ~ I'd bet you shoot alot of your other rep's too; I know when I had my redtail, Bogart, he was in alot of my shots ;)

(I am curious tho, your signature sez you have an RES, but surely Cheese Puff is not such.. do you have two tort's?)

Anyways, you will find this to be an amazing group of peeps, many of whom are experts (imho) ~ any questions or concerns you may have can more than likely be answered here. Take a few to check out the various postings & you'll see what I mean.

Again, welcome ~
Purpod :p

theamazingphil

5 Year Member
I just didnt list Cheezepuff in the list of my pets. I do have 2 RES, Milk and Cookies.

Curious. You say she.... Is it possible to sex them at this age? I do want another, but i want one of the opposite sex so i can attempt breeding down the road.

Thanks again for all the comments!!

Cheers
-Phil.

M

Maggie Cummings

She is too young to sex, but there are a few of us who refer to tortoises as she. I had noticed that also. Anyhow, welcome to the forum and yes it is active and I love the way it is set up. It's easy to scroll thru and easier to follow the threads. We are a great and friendly group and you will just have to love us!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Colleen: Just in case you don't know...a "RES" is a red ear slider.

Milk and Cookies! How far from the truth can that be. That suggests a benign, easy-going, laid back pair of turtles. But in reality they would just as soon bite you as look at you! My sister has a large female RES that she's had for many years. When she wants to lay eggs, (the turtle, not my sister) she scrambles at the side of her tub and Maggie sets her down out in the yard. Scruffie immediately starts to dig, lays the eggs, then lets Maggie take her back "home." However, try to touch her at any other time and she'd bite your arm off. (Scruffie, not Maggie) And Maggie has the scars to prove it.

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
hahahhaa what a CUTE name ! Cheezepuff....love it! Purpod, you so clever...he is indeed PuffDaddy hahaha classic. Good one :) I love all your pics Phil....spiders I stay FAR FAR FAAAAAAR away from....I nearly fell off my chair just browsing past the pic of it. Milk and Cookies are really cute names too! Welcome!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Yvonne ~ oh yes, this girl has rescued a few of those in her time as well, LOL; it's a bummer that the peeps who buy the cute lil' quarter sized RES' don't realize how big they can get & yeah, they can get rather snippety, to be sure! But thanx for the clarification; there may be other who read the postings & don't know what the initials mean.

G'Eve to All ~
Purpod

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
welcome phil and puffdaddy, what a mug, love it! gorgeous tort. like the tarantula too. i live in the santa monica hill and come across tarantulas every so often, very cool creatures. i really like the water turts too, im presently caring for a loggerhead musk and shed as soon as bite me as look at me too, tho she always seems to be happy when i come in the room. smiles from galileo the sulcata and his humble servant spring

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the forum Phil.

I don't post much at all but do read a lot :)

You are from my neck of the woods (Hamilton) and I believe I have seen you on the local forum.

This is a great forum for finding out info etc. from experienced keepers as there are more tort keepers that post on this forum and more tort keepers in general in the US.

Your little guy/girl is cute.

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.