Hello everyone!

raphtort

I am new to the tortoise world and I have already found this site very helpful. We just got our first tortoise a week ago today. From the info I have gathered I'm thinking we have a male, adult Russian Tortoise. I will post a pic so that you all can confirm my identification:) We got him from Petsmart, they told us he was a she and they called him a Tuxedo Tortoise. After many google searches with no results I started second guessing them. You can't really see from these pics, but he has a long tail which is kept to the side. Right now we are currently building him a tortoise table as well as an outdoor enclosure. I have really enjoyed seeing all of your.

Attachments

• Tortoise 1.JPG
    Tortoise 1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 21
  • Tortoise 2.JPG
    Tortoise 2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 19

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
A Russian yes and from what you say about his tell, then I would say it does sound like a male, too. Welcome to TFO and tortoise caretaking. What caused you to decide to get a tortoise?

raphtort

I have two sons and they have been debating on a new pet for some time now. They wanted hamsters which I can't do :) Then it was a snake urggg! So I did a little research and we decided on a tortoise :) They are really interesting! We have been giving him daily soaks and he finally pooped last night! Oh my goodness! I was not expecting all of that to come out! Is it normal for them to hold it that long?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. We all seem to agree that it's a Russian and from the way you talk its a male . But you will enjoy it . Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Haha yes! Poop! Lots and lots of poop. I am still amazed at how they have so much poop and still have room for all their internal organs. lol :D