Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mschemenauer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Murrieta, CA
I am very excited to join this tortoise forum. I have always loved tortoises and at the moment I have two. I have a Russian tortoise and a Sulcata tortoise. My Russian tort is in a tank inside the house, but the Sulcata is way too big to be in the house. We have a lot of land, but our dog will not leave him alone, so I had to build him his own area. As you can see in some of the pictures, the Sulcata has no grass to to graze on, and I feel horrible about it. I still have not named either one...I just can't seem to stick with one name. We were thinking more like Koopa for the Sulcata, but still no name for my Russian. I am trying to get some pics up of my 2 tortoises, but the files are too large. I will keep trying!

mschemenauer

5 Year Member
Murrieta, CA
I am a newbie!

I think I ended up posting my intro in the wrong place so I will do it again. I have two tortoises, 1 is a Sulcata named Koopa and the other is a Russian, who does not have a name yet. I don't know how old either one of them are. I got Koopa from a friend that was trying to find a home for him and then I bought the Russian from Petco a couple months ago. I am very excited to join the tortoise forum so that I can learn all I can about the two different tortoises.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
RE: I am a newbie!

Welcome to the forum Shelly. You will find a lot of information here to help keep your little ones safe and healthy. Can you post pictures of your tortoises so we can see what they look like and maybe someone can help you with their age. And also how you are keeping them....substrate, enclosure, lights, heat and so on? :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: I am a newbie!

Hi Shelly: Welcome to the forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.