Hello from Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

James H

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

My name is James Hall. I am currently living in Flagstaff Arizona which is not in the warm desert at all we are at 7000ft in elevation and it is just starting to warm up. I had an inch of snow in my yard on saturday.

My tortoise interest really lies with the Testudo group of tortoises. I currently have Russians and Greeks with the hopes that someday I can get Egyptians. I also really enjoy the Madagascar Spider Tortoises and Star tortoises.

I am planning on putting together an outdoor enclosure for my current herd, all three of them, so that once the outside temps start to come up a bit more I can let them stay outside during the afternoons this summer.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello James and Welcome!! I am in the warm part of AZ w/ temps in the 90's today. Another month and I will be in Munds Park frequently. Anyways welcome to you and your crew, can't wait to see pictures..

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hello James !!

Welcome to the forum !
How many torts have you got? I have one, Tallula, my female Jordanian Greek :) She's just plain awesome hehe.

We love pics of torts, you must post some when you can :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi James: Thanks for the nice introduction. Its good to know a little bit about the newcomers to the forum. Glad to have you here!

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum James :)

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Such a big difference between different parts of AZ isn't there? :) Glad to have you joining us.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Hi James, welcome to the forum. You said you have 3 torts Russians and Greeks. How many of which? Males? females? How old, adult hatchlings? Just being nosey :)

James H

5 Year Member
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do have three torts, 1 male Russian named Boris ~6", 1 male greek named Gnocchi ~5", and 1 female leopard tortoise named Gertrude ~5".
Arizona is a great state to live in if you have a love for the heat. Flagstaff is 7000 in elevation so we are more like Denver or Seattle most of the year for weather. It is great you can start the day off in phoenix with 75 deg weather come up and play in the snow and then go back home to the warmth and not spend more no then 3 hours driving.
As I mentioned I am really on the look out for Egyptian and Star Tortoises. If anyone here is expecting baby Egyptians this year PLEASE let me know. I will try to get some photos posted up this weekend.

baseballturtle48

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Flagstaff is one of my favorite places, except for last week when I was driving home to Santa Fe and I-40 east of Flag was closed (wind and poor visibility). Santa Fe is also at 7000 feet so I know what you're facing in terms of climate. I think you get more snow than we do, though.

I'm hoping the breeder I bought my Egyptian hatchlings from last year will have more this year. My adults refuse to produce any.

Status
Not open for further replies.