Hello from both of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We would like to say hello to everyone. We have been reading posts for quite sometime, but only now have joined. We are proud owners of several species of tortoises (red foot, indian star, pancake, hermann's) and one uromastyx lizard. Oh and lets not forget the 2 dogs, a cat, and a bunny. Pictures of the herps are shown on http://tortugaplace.blogspot.com/ if you would like to take a look. Our home is in northern Idaho, not far from Spokane, WA, where the summers are amazing!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome Tim/Robin to the forum. I quickly checked out your blogspot and your tort yards s are wonderful. I love the idea with the rain gutters. Never thought of screwing them into the cinderblock. again Welcome.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Tim and Robin :D
Your vivariums look great, but are only good for your Redfoot. All your other tortoises should be in open topped enclosures. Which would give them the air circulation that they need.
On to substrates, The redfoots substrate is fine. The rabbit pellets aren't a good idea for substrate. They give no traction for walking, it's like walking in dry beach sand for a tortoise. They also mold very easily when they get wet. Tortoises will eat them to and they are to high in protein for them to do that safely. A better idea might be finely shredded aspen bedding for the pancakes, star and hermanns.

Sorry to jump on you right when you've joined, but hopefully I've helped a bit. :D

Danny

Jenn1

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Fernley Nevada
Hello and welcome to the forum.
WOW,you got your hands full. :D
I love the set up outside,very cool. :cool:

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! your tort yard looks amazing! i like the idea with the rain gutters.

wayne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Tim & Robin

I really like what you did for your torts in your yard. All your animals are so adorable :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) Great idea using the rain gutters! Welcome!!

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Your tortoise yard is wonderful! Great pics. Thanki for sharing.

Agnieszka

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Beautiful outdoor areas.. I would be a litlte concerend about predators from above or racoons at night tho...Your guys are so tiny.. Do you have Ravens in your area?
Welcome... you will learn a lot here!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
No, we don't have any predators of concern in our area. The torts only go outside when we are home. They come in at night. They are just too precious to worry about otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.