Hello from Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsTabitha

5 Year Member
Hello, I'm Tabitha from Muncie, Indiana. I have a lovely little Greek Tortoise, Kingsley. He's about 5-6 years old (if petsmart had his age right) and this September will be 3 years I've had him. I also have a 2 year old boxer, Cash, and a fishy Zongo. Kingsley is my oldest pet, and I got him while living on my own renting a single room in a coworkers house, so we're very close. He even used to crawl into my bed and wake me up headbutting me from inside my pillowcase (when I had my mattress on the floor). Cash (my dog) and Kingsley got pretty close too. They would cuddle up and sleep together, play together, and even razz each other all the time. I've even caught Kingsley teetering on the side of the dog dish trying to eat his food. Now I've moved in with my boyfriend and his two children, so it's more hectic but we all love our tortoise to death. I'm excited to connect with other tortoise lovers and get some advice here and there. I also collect turtle and tortoise stuff. I've got turtle everything from salt and pepper shakers to turtle filp flops to paper clips.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Tabitha!

Please be careful about leaving the dog unattended around the tortoise. There are dog/tortoise horror stories all over the place, and its usually a dog that has been getting along well with the tortoise most of his life.

I used to collect lots of turtle figurines too, but have since decided it's too much work keeping it all dusted, so have given most of my collection away. It makes it pretty easy for your friends and relatives to know what to buy for you though, huh?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcme:). Please take the advice given about the tort and dog seriously. The best trained dogs, that have lived with tortoise his whole life, has killed or mutilated tortoises.

Status
Not open for further replies.