Hello from Temecula, CA

SoulPatch

Location (City and/or State)
Temecula, CA
Hello Everyone,
I am joining you all in our united love for tortoises and turtles. I will be entering the market for a Tortoise in time, just continuing my research so I may a capable guardian of these amazing animals. I have my heart set on some of the Testudo's as I am in SoCal. I had a Russian when I was very young, I was not the best or most informed owner then, and I really want to do right by them. I am really excited to learn from all of you.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Please bear in mind that pet stores are in business to make money, and don't always have the tortoise's best interest in mind. Check with us before you buy anything, supplies or living.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Welcome!! Nothing better than doing your research here beforehand! There’s lots of outdated and incorrect information elsewhere, this is the best place.
I’d have a set up, up and running before getting them, hopefully we can help there🥰

Very much second what Yvonne has said, don’t let pet stores convince you they know best, they really don’t and will likely sell you incorrect equipment, it can definitely save you time and money running purchases by here first😊

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Everyone,
I am joining you all in our united love for tortoises and turtles. I will be entering the market for a Tortoise in time, just continuing my research so I may a capable guardian of these amazing animals. I have my heart set on some of the Testudo's as I am in SoCal. I had a Russian when I was very young, I was not the best or most informed owner then, and I really want to do right by them. I am really excited to learn from all of you.
Hello and welcome. Check this out:

Questions are welcome! :)

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
@SoulPatch ....Welcome Home!
You seem to be a person that wants to do the absolute best for whatever Tortoise you get. Have you thought about changing a Tortoises live for the better, forever? I'm talking about getting a rescue, find a tortoise that has had a rough life and needs a loving home and loving person to change their life forever. There are so many people that get a breeder tortoises and fall out of interest with them and are willing to get rid of it. I am not familiar with organizations in your area but there are ones here that are.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Welcome to the forum!

You are off to a good start, starting your research before getting a tortoise. If you are looking to get a Russian, I am sure there are plenty of adults waiting for a new home.