Hello - I'm a newbie from Arkansas with 1 Leopard Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago IL
Redmesa said:
He is in a turtle box (no glass - just wooden walls)

Oh that's good , I was going to say if he is in a glass enclosure he might be trying to escape because he can see out !

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
Redmesa said:
Just saying 'hello'. Hello - I'm a newbie from Arkansas with 1 Leopard Tort.

Any insights into the Leopard Tortoise personality?

Welcome Redmesa, I think you're gonna like it here! :tort:

Neal said:
Redmesa said:

My experience has been that leopards are comparable to a mature dog. Depending on how you handle them when they are young, and how interactive you are with the tortoises, they can be quite personable. All of mine recognize me as the food giver, so they follow me around wherever I go in their pens. I physically examine them frequently, so they are used to being handled. I can even pet their heads and arms while they sit still. They're a bit more mild mannered than a sulcata, for example. They're not as prone to digging up your yard or fighting with each other. But in the right conditions, leopards will be aggressive towards each other.

Welcome to the forum.

Neal,

I have a friend searching for Leopards. Do you breed or can you recommend a quality breeders? Thank you! Tar

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Redmesa said:
Just saying 'hello'. Hello - I'm a newbie from Arkansas with 1 Leopard Tort.

Hi there!
I love my leopard - he has the best personality. He is very interested in everything I do in his yard. I have many different tortoises here and he has to be one of the friendliest. Enjoy your amazing new friend.

Redmesa

5 Year Member
Arkansas
He is in a wooden tortoise box. He seems happy - not shy at all and explores and eats and climbs - but he does like t climb a lot and seems to want to get out..

Hello - Hamburg? Well I am sure you have lots and lots of reptiles, including tonnes of turtles. Have you seen the U of Ark herp page? It is really informative:

http://www.herpsofarkansas.com/

I am up in NW Arkansas - Fayetteville area. We have box turtles here and of course lots of sliders and snapping turtles - as I am sure you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.