Hello, I'm LaMar from Nashville.

LaMar Heard

Delilah is my 8 year old Sulcata that I adopted as a hatchling. She escaped from her enclosure on Friday into the woods behind my house. I last saw her at 8:30 am and discovered her missing when I returned home around 5:30pm. I am joining the forum in hopes that some one has reported finding a tortoise in the Brentwood area of Nashville. I am calling animal control and vets in the area tomorrow. I am open to any other avenues of finding her. She is spoiled and I'm extremely concerned for her well being. We have scoured the woods and put flyers in all the neighbors mail boxes.

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Good advice i received when my tortoise went missing is to look for her in areas the sun hits in the morning (since they go out to warm up in the morning).
Also, leave treats out by yoir houde tonsee if she will come back.
Do you know how big your sulcata is? At 8 years she should be a decent size so im sure if someone sees her, they'll let you know.

LaMar Heard

I have kept water out in case she comes back because the temps have been in the 90s. She can stay cool in the woods till we find her. Thanks for the encouragement, I sure hope this one ends well. She is very special to us.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hoping that you find your beloved tortoise.
most missing torts seem to be recovered, sometimes days or even weeks after the event.
Don't give up!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello LaMar. Welcome to the forum.