Hello, red foot question

bees420

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello I am new here. I have had a red foot tortoise (Mikey) for a little over a year now. Got him as a baby so he is still young. He had an assumed to be the start of a respiratory infection soon after we got him, brought to the vet and we gave him injections and he seemed to be healed up. We brought him in because bubbles came out of his nose. Just as backstory. So now I’ve recently moved to somewhere that is pretty much always warm and sunny, so every day or so I let him hang out with me outside to get some sun, turn on the hose so he can give himself a shower if he wants, and just generally let him run around pretty freely (under supervision). But I’ve noticed when he’s outside he’ll click. He doesn’t click when he’s inside his enclosure, and I do have a tendency to worry so I’m not sure if clicking is just a thing he’s doing because he’s excited to be outside or if it’s a problem or something. Just want him to be happy and healthy!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he acts normal in all other ways, eating, walking around, etc, I wouldn't worry and just keep an eye on him.
What are the temps where you are and when he is out getting wet? How bout at night or when he is inside?
If they get too cold or wet and cold, that's when they get sick.

bees420

Arizona
If he acts normal in all other ways, eating, walking around, etc, I wouldn't worry and just keep an eye on him.
What are the temps where you are and when he is out getting wet? How bout at night or when he is inside?
If they get too cold or wet and cold, that's when they get sick.
I only take him out when its upper 70s or above and sunny, and like I said he’s pretty much given free reign, water is on but some days he doesn’t want it, some days he does. There are shaded spots he goes to too, if he gets too warm. When he’s inside the temps are usually also upper 70s to 80s (that’s just how warm my room gets!) and he has a ceramic on one side with a probe set to turn on below 85 and turn off when it hits 90.