Hello Tortoise Forum Community ;].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal.
Hi,

My name is James and I am currently located in California :].

I am waiting for a tortoise to come in the mail but am not sure how to setup the enclosure for the tortoise.

The tortoise that I have on "hold" is a somewhat baby (a few months old?)
red foot tortoise.

oh and by looking at some of the tortoise photos/pictures posted, some of you guys have some nice tortoises (if I do say so myself?) I guess ;].

Although I've had water turtles and box turtles in the past, as you may already tell, I am sort of a "newbie" when it comes to tortoises ^ ^;;.

Oh and thanks for taking the time to read this :].

- James.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow James it must be an exciting time and a slow moving time waiting for the tortoise to arrive. Glad your joining us and I am sure your going to find a lot of answers to your questions. So feel free to make posts in the Redfoot area (and any others that may be useable) asking the questions as they arise. We want you to feel comfortable and confident, when your new tortoise arrives. Welcome! :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi James:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Just be sure to keep your new young redfoot quite moist. Moist substrate and daily or every other day soaking. Having plants, even fake plants that you can spritz with water daily helps with the humidity. I raised 3 Yellowfoot tortoises from the egg stage and didn't know enough to keep them humid. Now, about 4 years later, they look like pineapples (they're supposed to be smooth).

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
So. Cal.
I guess i'll be posting a picture or two of the tort when he/she arrives in the red foot section ^ ^.

and yes, keeping the tortoise (especially the red foot tortoises) moist! I purchased a water spray bottle (described to be used for salons? lol) to assist in doing so :].

Thank you for the warm welcomes :].

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome
Enjoy your visits.

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
So. Cal.
so after a few days of contemplating, I may now be getting two torts in the mail? @_@ ^ ^;;.

I'm not addicted am I? I haven't even gotten the torts yet? o.o ? :).

Many thanks for the welcomes once again :].

kk.

Status
Not open for further replies.