Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashmash

5 Year Member
Hello, I'm Ashlee and I have a DT and 2 very small box turtles. Frank the DT lives outside all year and Tank and Mega the box turtles come inside for the winter. I live in Central CA and have great weather for most of the year!

24858_374154456193_656966193_3813813_7318042_n.jpg

Now I haven't even had Frank for a year, and I know he has quite significant Pyramiding. He's somewhere around 20-25 years old as far as I know and had a poor diet. :( Poor fella.

19474_284333936193_656966193_3546391_3571529_n.jpg

Mega has the pink spot on her back. The lady I got her from put that on her to ID I guess. I'll try to get pix of the enclosures up soon.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Welcome to the forum Ashlee. Are those Three Toed's? Poor Frank...Lucky you have him now, so I'm sure he'll do better. There are plenty of people and threads to look at to help you take good care of your guys.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Ashlee:

Can we see a bigger picture of Frank? That small picture sorta' makes him look like a young sulcata. And desert tortoises don't usually pyramid as badly as what we see on Frank.

I'm so happy to know that he lives outside year round. Just out of curiosity, why don't the box turtles live outside year round too? Its more important to keep a hibernating desert tortoise dry during the winter than it is to keep a hibernating box turtle dry.

I love your little hard-shelled family. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.

Ashmash

5 Year Member
Ill work on more pictures. We were afraid the babies would freeze over the winter since they're so small and I doubt they've ever hibernated before. Also, I'm new to turts and torts so I was trying to take the safe route! I dont think Frank is a sulcata, he's just had a poor life. But I'll get more pictures when I can and you guys here can figure it out I'm sure! :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome Ashlee. :D

You are sure to find sustainable guidelines and good advice on this forum that will set Frank on the path to optimum tortoise health! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.