Hello !!!!!!

micaela

Hello I'm new to the forum .. I have owned a tortoise before I had a greek male tortoise his name was Lenny

we had to give him away because we moved house and had no space for him but we moved house again and the place were gave him to was a rescue nearby they still have him no one had adopted him for almost 3 years :( but we have extra space in our new home so we're going to talk to the rescue on giving him back to us even if we have to pay a small fee
We miss having him in our home

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi and welcome,
I do hope Lenny can come home with you - if he's still there it must be because he was meant to be with you!
Good luck!!

micaela

Went to see him today and talk to them . they said they'll talk to manager and give me a ring

He's some pictures of him

Attachments

• 1452969290127.jpg
    1452969290127.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1452969319912.jpg
    1452969319912.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Looks like he needs a beak trim.
If they need convincing tell them you have found this great forum which has the most up to date information available so he will have the best care possible if he comes home with you. They may benefit from some tips from here themselves.

micaela

Do I have to take him to the vet to get his beak trim or would I have to do it myself

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Do I have to take him to the vet to get his beak trim or would I have to do it myself
It depends how confident you are I suppose - if you use the search facility you will find tips on doing it yourself, but if like me you aren't too sure, a herp vet will do it quite cheaply I would think. Then just make sure he has cuttlefish bone in his enclosure and eats off something like a piece of slate and he will take care of it himself.

micaela

Will it go down naturally if i just give him a cuttle fish bone and he eats off of a slate ?