Hello!

Sv650sam

Hi,
My name is Samantha and I live in central Ohio with my husband, our 2 year old son, a beloved bearded dragon and 2 Siamese cats! Soon, we would like to add a tortoise to our family. I have always loved tortoises and now that I am a full time stay at home mom, I feel like I have the time to devote to a new family member. After a lot of research, we feel that a Russian Tortoise would make a great first tortoise for us!

We are currently designing our outdoor garden habitat for our future new guy. It will be a few more weeks before we can get in the ground and start making it though! I love to garden so I am excited to make a nice plant rich area for him/her! Since we live in Ohio, we will also begin planning an indoor table.

We have adopted our pets and would like to do the same with our tortoise. I have been looking or Craigslist and a reptile rescue near us for a while, but haven't had much luck. I am hoping that there will be some resources for tortoise rescues in here!

Thanks so much for the add!
Samantha

Vladsfriend

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hi,
My name is Samantha and I live in central Ohio with my husband, our 2 year old son, a beloved bearded dragon and 2 Siamese cats! Soon, we would like to add a tortoise to our family. I have always loved tortoises and now that I am a full time stay at home mom, I feel like I have the time to devote to a new family member. After a lot of research, we feel that a Russian Tortoise would make a great first tortoise for us!

We are currently designing our outdoor garden habitat for our future new guy. It will be a few more weeks before we can get in the ground and start making it though! I love to garden so I am excited to make a nice plant rich area for him/her! Since we live in Ohio, we will also begin planning an indoor table.

We have adopted our pets and would like to do the same with our tortoise. I have been looking or Craigslist and a reptile rescue near us for a while, but haven't had much luck. I am hoping that there will be some resources for tortoise rescues in here!

Thanks so much for the add!
Samantha
Welcome, Samantha! I'm also from Ohio and have a Russian tortoise. It seems like you are doing your research in advance and that's really good. I wish I could help you out with a rescue, but I don't have any info for you. But there are a few other members from Ohio that might be able to help. Hopefully, they'll add in some suggestions on this thread.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Samantha. Be patient. There are plenty of tortoises needing good homes, and you'll find one with your name on it eventually.

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
Hello and welcome! I think it is great that you want to adopt a tortoise. Good luck with your search!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Check out the adoption section on this forum. I got one from there. I have three Russans and also have a bearded dragon, they are neat. Good luck in your search.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Welcome to the tortoise forum. I grew up in Ohio and had a Siamese cat too. She lived to 21. That seemed like a great long time to have a pet. Now, having adopted a sulcata tortoise we realize some pets last lots longer than 21years. How old is your bearded dragon ?

Good luck finding your next addition !