Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Farris

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oceanside, Ca
Hi! My name is Jessica and I just purchased a baby russian tortoise. His name is squirt, after the baby sea turtle in finding nemo. He has a finding nemo-themed tank w/ ocean bottom wallpaper and everything- can you tell i'm a girl? lol.

Hes just adorable, and my husband is in Afghanistan right now so its great having another animal to look after. I have two cats, who LOVE to just sit by the tank and stare at him for hours (which is hilarious considering that he really doesn't move very much at all). Luckily I have a very sturdy 2x2 ft. tank that has sliding screens that lock on the top, so the little guy is safe from their frisky paws. I have had many pets in my life and have a degree in marine biology, but this is my first time owning a non-mammal... and its VERY different!

I am so glad I found this site, as there are so many questions I have had since I got him that my books just don't answer. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with me and I look forward to lots of much needed help!

LindaF

5 Year Member
From one new turtle mom to another - Congratulations!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! You do know we LOVE seeing lots and lots of pictures...including the cats.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jessica:

Welcome to the forum!!

Mrs. Farris

5 Year Member
Oceanside, Ca
haha I am going to put some pics up right now, I am not sure how/where other people see them, but they will be there!

S

swager

hi guys,..
welcome to all in this forum site,..its very informative site,..

Status
Not open for further replies.