Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHHB

5 Year Member
I I'm Dylan, AND I WANT A TORTOISE. I would really like to have a Hermann's tortoise, what kxpind of enclosure would I think about getting/making? I live in NJ s an outdoor enclosure would NOT be a good idea. How big would it need to be, although a biggest is usually the best I assume with any animal, what would be a minimum? Hermann tortoises stay pretty small right? Any input welcomed/needed! Thanks!

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
Hi and welcome.

If you want an indoor you could make a tortoise table, check out our enclosure posts, Or you could use a rabbit cage, one of the larger ones, that way if you have any other animals they can not get into the torts (cats).
You can hang your UVA/B and heating from the top of the cage.

I used the rabbit cage and found it really suited my torts and my needs perfect and it kept my kids and cats out..lol

I would say to start with if its a baby then a 1 metre square would be enough, you could even make it slightly smaller in width.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dylan:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Have you checked out the Hermann tortoise section yet? It might give you some ideas as might the Enclosure area. Then if you still have questions, I would advise you posting them on the Hermann section. Glad your here and good luck with getting your future tortoise! You will enjoy him or her. :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.