Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlrichardson

5 Year Member
I'm a new red foot owner. I just purchased Darwin at a local reptile show. I've been a lover of reptiles since I was about 5 and have kept my share of snakes, lizards, and turtles and I've always had a fascination with tortoises but was always reluctant to get one. After spending 2 month researching them I decided to the time was right to get one and now I'm hooked. Darwin is only about 3 months old (I've had him 3 wks now) and he gave me quite a scare the first few days. I had a nice large tortoise table built and ready for him but anytime he was out he appeared to have trouble breathing. I double checked my temps and humidity and everything was fine. Then I got to paying attention when he would act that way was when he was scared. (startled awake, dogs barking, teenager screaming etc.) I have since moved him to a glass terrarium and a bit smaller space and he is one happy little guy. He already has a set routine. Bask 10 minutes, eat, make 2 laps around the tank then back to bed until about 3 pm and he does it again. I totally love this little guy.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello welcome to the forum :) Do you have any pic's of Darwin and your table we would love to see it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi JL and welcome to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.