Hellooooooooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaglenut

5 Year Member
th_CharlieT1.jpgth_CharlieT1.jpgI am very pleased to be here and Im sure I am going to spend hours browsing. I have known my tortoise, Charlie for over thirty years, he has been mine for about 23 years. Long story :D Im still not 100% what kind he is. I have always believed a Hermans. Firstly, help to properly identify him would be fab. As strange as it might sound I have had reoccurring dreams about tortoises since I was a child. I simply love them. I am downsizing cars and this will allow me to hopefully, to fullfill my dream of owning another tortoise or two. Charlie has always hibernated himself (Im in the UK), wanders freely and feeds mainly from the garden. Extra food is available especially when he is active during the summer months. Any other tortoise is going to be a completely different ball game and that is why I am here. I know the basics but if I do this I want to be confident I am everything right. I love reaserching too. I will attach a pic if I can and any imput will be muchly appreciated :)

Attachments

• th_Picture29.jpg
    th_Picture29.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Welcome to the forum, awesome story. Im not too sure the species the pictures are very small and hard to identify.

Peaglenut

5 Year Member
Hello All and thank you. I will take and post some new pics of some more recognisable parts of Charlie and hopefully it will help :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Peaglenut:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I thought the tortoise in the pictures was a leopard tortoise, but the hibernating thing throws me. Some leopards DO hibernate, though, so I guess it could be possible.

What would you like us to call you?

...and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.